Friday, January 1, 2010

2010, A Baby Odyssey

Today we are 20 weeks, 6 days pregnant!  HALF WAY THERE!

Hi All, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I'm writing from snowy Lake Tahoe after a very yummy breakfast of pancakes and sausage cooked by our friend Paul and his fiancé Nina.  Shawn, Paul, and Nina are out skiing, so I'm taking advantage of a little quiet time to update everyone.  It's been a very nice Christmas, and we have so much to look forward to this year.  Last week, Shawn and I had a little shower in San Diego, and between that and the mound of items (and clothes!) we received from Brian and Kim, we have so much stuff to gaga over already!  Every day, things become more and more real, and as Baby Maurer grows, we feel her more and more.  I feel kicks and flutters every day, which is so exciting!  And she's definitely getting BIG, as mommy is, too.  I will post pictures when I can, hopefully tomorrow, to be out and proud with my ever-growing belly...  Anywho, here's a little check-in since I haven't done them in a while!


How far along?  20 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  As of yesterday, I am now averaging about 111.5, so I've put on almost ten pounds!!!
Stretch marks?  Knock on wood, none yet...
Sleep:  I've discovered the use of a thousand pillows to prop various parts of my body where they need to be...  Still not very good, though
Best moment this week:  Realizing movement is every day, and seeing all the stuff we got from family and friends
Movement:  I've discovered I love the kicks (for now) but not so sure about the "flutters."  They're making me kind of nauseous!  Is she doing cartwheels in there?  But I feel both every day, so very comforting!
Food cravings:  Doughnuts, Prime Rib, Rocky's Burgers 
Gender:  It's a girl!
Labor Signs:  None, but I feel that belly stretching.  Ouch.
Belly Button in or out?  Still flattening and very sore towards the end of the day... 
What I miss:    Wearing my old jeans without having to wear ten thousand tank tops to hide the open fly!
What I am looking forward to:  Really starting on organizing and finalizing nursery plans
Weekly Wisdom:  Shawn is going to be an AMAZING father
Milestones: Hitting 20 weeks, the ol' halfway point!  Oh, and my niece Mackenzie says "Baby Sophia" and my nephew Andrew crawled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment