Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Fun

Today we are 25 weeks pregnant!

Hi all!  Just wanted to quickly stop in for our 25 week mark...  This week I've gotten started on emptying out the guest room, and when I say emptying out, I mean going through loads of stuff Shawn and I had piled in the closet over the years and have let collect on the guest bed over the last few months.  Thank goodness the stuff on the bed was mainly clean laundry, that I of course washed again, but going through stuff in the closet?  Yikes!  Being a pack-rat myself, somewhat reformed, I'm trying to be as logical as I can when making my "keep" and "toss" piles, but it is not without a brief trip down memory lane.  I have decided to finally donate some of my nicer, but somewhat out of my style, clothing to a womens' shelter even though I selfishly hate getting rid of something I paid a lot of money for.  But it feels good, one, to give to someone who needs it more, and two, to purge myself and our house of things I don't need.  Now there are some items I'm keeping, because who knows when one might need that sparkly pair of DKNY pants that look so good on?!?  I am happy I ran across an apron my Nonnie made that I got for my bridal shower, it's dainty and beautiful and everything that she was.  Now I can't wait to get all the stuff out of there so we can finally start taking measurements and really truly picturing our baby girl's stuff in there.  Our furniture should be coming in within the next eight weeks, and I just can't help but look forward to sitting on the floor with Shawn while putting together the crib and dresser and such.  I am sure a few choice words will escape...  ;)

Anywho, things are good, I'm feeling good, and life is good, so I am good.  It's cold again here, for a bit, so it's back to snuggling under blankets and watching the fire, but I'm still itching for spring!  I just love all the wonderful things that happen in the spring...  Speaking of which, I'm extremely excited for my friend, Mara, who together with her hubby, are adopting a beautiful little girl this year!  Sounds like many new things for them, too, huh?  I can't wait to share stories with her on being a new mommy, I just wish they lived closer!  So if you're reading this, Mara, CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming addition!  I just know you guys will have a full house someday soon...

So I'll leave you with my weekly check-in, and I feel very productive that I'm actually getting this done on our weekly change day...

How far along?  25 weeks!  This Thursday, the 4th, we're down to 100 days.  One hundred days.  Wow.
Total weight gain/loss:  We need to get a scale, last weight known 116 last Friday.
Stretch marks?  None yet
Sleep:  Does anyone have a spare Tempurpedic mattress we could have?  Or a cloud?  Something?
Best moment this week:  Today is apparently my "craving day."  We ate bbq at Green Mesquite, got supplies to make me a brownie sundae, and I bought an O'Douls so I can taste fake beer.  Yummmmmm!  (See pic below)
Movement:  Still a lot of movement!  She seems to have a burst at 11:30pm and wakes up at 7ish am.
Food cravings:  Cheeseburgers, Girl Scout Cookies, truffles
Gender:  It's a girl!
Labor Signs:  No true signs this week, we just have some tightening and back pressure once in a while
Belly Button in or out?  Right now very out, and feels like it's been kicked a hundred times
What I miss:    Not having to wonder if I'll ever be able to wear certain pants again...
What I am looking forward to:  Getting the guest room cleared out
Weekly Wisdom:  Patience is a virtue
Milestones: We're starting to get comments from strangers now on the belly!


My brownies and my O'Douls.  The brownie sundae turned out to be a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment