Tuesday, March 23, 2010

32 Weeks And We're Educated!

Today we are 32 weeks, 3 days pregnant!

Hi All!  It's a sunny and warm day here in Austin, TX, which means spring is here!  Over the past few days, we've reached 32 weeks, my parents have been married for 40 years, and we have begun our baby education.  Shawn and I attended a six-hour childbirth class on Sunday, and it was entertaining, to say the least.  We learned a moderate amount, practiced different breathing techniques, and I saw a 10 centimeter circle.  I wish I hadn't seen that.  Oh well!  We also toured the Labor and Delivery unit where we are delivering.  Would you like to know how I felt during and after that tour?  Scared as hell!  It made it so real!  I've been hiding my uneasiness since then because I feel a little silly about it, but what can I say?  The thought of having a baby, from my body, hoping that everything cooperates for a healthy, safe delivery is a little overwhelming for me.  I know it will pass, or at least ease up a little, but I also think it's somewhat natural and normal to be a little scared.  Ugh!  During the tour, Shawn and I held tight to each other, and it was very reassuring.  Breathe in, breathe out!

We're beginning to get very busy around here, cleaning out the garage, emptying and then filling Sophia's room, organizing, and trying not to freak out.  My shower is this weekend as well, and I'm really excited!  I wish all my family and friends could be here, but I am blessed enough to have them all over the country.  The weather should be nice on Sunday, so hopefully I can wear a cute dress and show off my pregnant glow.  Haha!  Anywho, time for my 32 week check-in, here goes!

How far along?  32 weeks, 3 days.  53 days to go!
Total weight gain/loss:  Just weighed in at 124.4, total of 22.4 lbs gained
Stretch marks?  None yet :D
Sleep:  I think it's the calm before the storm...  As I've said, my pillow configuration has done me well!
Best moment this week:  Probably the class.  It was fun to do it together.
Movement:  The elbows poking through my sides and the feet in the ribs are sweet, but after about 15 minutes can get pretty tender!
Food cravings:  The cravings per se have slowed, it just depends on what food item I have seen or heard about last.
Gender:  It's a bambina!
Labor Signs:  None this week
Belly Button in or out?  Out.  Very out.
What I miss:    Sleeping on my belly
What I am looking forward to:  My shower on Sunday!!!
Weekly Wisdom:  This too, shall pass.  Not so much pregnancy related, but still relevant.
Milestones: We've seen where we're giving birth!!!


Now for my latest picture, taken on the 17th.  Here I am 31 weeks, 4 days pregnant:

No comments:

Post a Comment