Saturday, February 13, 2010

Two Down, One to Go!

Today we are 27 weeks pregnant!  2/3 done!

Hi All!  Yes, you see correctly, we are two-thirds through this pregnancy!  Which means:
WE'RE IN OUR THIRD TRIMESTER!!!
I can't believe it.  Where did the second trimester go?  It's such an exciting time for us and we get more and more giddy each day.  Last night (during a food run to Chili's because I had to have Chicken Crispers) we were talking about what she will look like.  We think the following:  My eyes, Shawn's nose, my lips, Shawn's skin, my freckles, my hair, and Shawn's hair color.  I'm also hoping Shawn's long, lean legs!!!  Either way, our little girl is going to be beautiful, if I may say so myself.  We can't wait to see her!  And we can't wait to see her grow!  Each kick I feel, each stretch she takes inside me it amazes me all over again that we are making a daughter.  Even though I am an educated woman and I know how science works, I can't help but know that there is a little part of a miracle growing inside of me.  And I couldn't be more grateful.

This last week we experienced a couple big things, like being down to the double digits in days and the start of our third trimester, but we also had a (non-baby related) scare.  My handsome, regal Chihuahua, Quimby Manilow, had a short seizure on Sunday night.  It petrified me.  It broke me.  Something about seeing that little 8 lb precious angel in duress just did me in.  I felt helpless and scared out of my mind.  He is okay now, but we have no explanation for why he had one.  I am praying that it was an isolated incident and we'll never have to go through that again.  Since then, Shawn and I have held him a little tighter, curled up with him a little longer, and pet him with a little more love than we did before, if that was even possible.  But again, I thank God that he is okay now.  Because isn't this a pretty face?

Anywho, here is my latest picture, taken last night after a dinner of yummy fried foods.  Sometimes I think I'm getting bigger, but sometimes I don't see it.  Shawn definitely sees it, and he definitely says it!!!


And last but not least, a picture that Shawn captured in between shots that he says he loves, so I love it too...






No comments:

Post a Comment