Friday, February 19, 2010

Tests I Don't Have to Study For

Today we are 27 weeks, 6 days pregnant!

Hi all!  I just wanted to do a quick little update since we had a doctor's appt this morning, so here goes!

I had my Glucose Tolerance Test (to see if I have Gestational Diabetes - a routine test) this morning at 8am, which means I had to fast since midnight last night. And yes, that was a struggle for me.  ;)  If you tell me I can't eat anything, I'm insta-hungry.  And of course I woke up starving, but oh well...  Thank goodness I had a huge Mexican dinner last night!  Anywho, for those who don't know what the test entails, I had to drink about 10-12 oz of orange flavored glucose rich juice.  Basically, it tasted like the "orange drink" they sell at McDonalds.  (Ooh, McD's sounds good right now...)  Then you wait, but thankfully we had a short visit with the doctor to pass some time.  I didn't get to see Dr. Hart because she had been called to deliver (the nerve!) so we saw her assistant.  We're measuring right on time, at 28 weeks, so that's great news!  We heard our little girl's heartbeat strong and steady in the 140's as well.  She let us know that full term is considered 37 to 41 weeks, so that puts us anywhere from April 24th to May 22nd.  Also, our OB visits will now increase in frequency to every two weeks, and then starting our 35th week, we go to every week.  So basically, we'll go in again on our 30th week (March 5th), then our 32nd (around 3/19), our 34th (around 4/2), then start our weekly visits at our 35th week (around April 9th).  That's a lot of visits!

We also signed up for our classes!  We've got our Childbirth class, our Breastfeeding class, and our Baby Care class, so we're excited for those!  So hopefully we'll be baby experts and pass Baby 101 with flying colors...

Anywho, there's our healthy update and a few notes on upcoming doctor dates, and we hope this finds you well!  I'll post my 28 week check-in, hopefully complete with belly pic tomorrow!  Also, I will let you know my GTT results within two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment