Friday, February 26, 2010

My E.R. Visit

Today we are 28 weeks, 6 days pregnant!

And I've been stuck with a needle two more times this week, on Wednesday.  Why?  Two words that strike fear in every person's body:  Viral gastroenteritis.  Those two lovely words woke me up Wednesday morning at 2:30 with vomiting and, well, the stuff that comes out the other end.  Those two lovely events kept me running to the bathroom every 10 to 15 minutes until 11am, and my vomit had gotten so bad, my bile had gone from bile yellow to olive green.  I couldn't even keep water, even a sip, down (or up, if you know what I mean).  So at 11:30 Shawn bounds in the door and tells me it's time to go to the doctor.  Speaking of doctors, I had a doctor from my OB office paged around 3am, and her opinion was that it was simply food poisoning and to take Immodium.  I'm glad I didn't continue to listen to that advice!  So by 12 noon we were at a local urgent care clinic, only to be told to go to the ER since they would have the ability to hear the baby's heart rate.  Anywho, seven hours later, and 4 IV bags later, I was released.

Thank goodness we went to the ER, because it turns out I was severely dehydrated, or as the doctor in the ER put it, "off the charts".  As of today, I still feel sick, and haven't been able to eat much, but at least I'm hydrated and getting better!

I'll still update tomorrow for our 29 weeker, so until tomorrow, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment