Friday, April 2, 2010

Time For a Shower!

Today we are 33 weeks, 6 days pregnant!

Sorry this is so late!  So here's how my shower went:

First, the weather was perfect!  I was able to wear a sundress that I was completely comfortable in but still was able to look put together in (hopefully!).  I had a short walk, three doors down, to get to my event and was already giddy.  I had the best group of friends and it was really fun!  We played a few games, guests had to guess the circumference of my belly and my neighbor Marisa won, she was accurate to almost a quarter of an inch!  Shawn got to guess when he came by at the end, and he was waaaaaay off.  And not in the good way...  I think he used half the spool of ribbon!  Shawn!  We also decorated onesies, and they really got into it!  They were so cute (pics to come) and Meghan Meehan's onesie, which said "My mom is prettier than your's" won!  My vanity loved that one!  The final game was "who knows the baby the best," which consisted of a list of about ten questions that I came up with in regards to Sophia and the pregnancy. Angela won!  All winners got the "Nickie's pregnancy survival kit" which was a back massager thing from Bath & Body Works, yummy hand sanitizer from B&B as well, which I use all the time, and lotion.  Speaking of gifts, man did I get some!  I am amazed and honored by the generosity of all our family and friends!!!  I feel, for the first time, that we are this close to having everything we need, and it's so exciting!  Shawn and I will be emptying the guest room this weekend so we can set everything up, and I can't wait to post pictures on here for you all to see.  Speaking of pictures, here are a few from the shower!

I made favors for everyone to thank my guests.  They are homemade white chocolate baby bottle lollipops with handmade tags.  I loved them!


You can get a small view of the diaper cake that Meagan and her sister made for me, sooo cute!



Even little Aidan wanted to be part of the picture!  Starting with me, clockwise, there is Marisa, Michele, Meghan Meehan, Ashley, and Seth.  Not pictured:  Angela, Meagan Martin, Alicia, Laura, and Shawn



Aaah, the pregnant lady.  And my faux mimosa.  Mmmm!



Here you can see some of the onesies that were created.  Meagan cheated by playing on Shawn's heartstrings since he got to vote.  Hers said "Daddy's Little Gator."  ;)



Sooo much baby stuff!!!



Counterclockwise:  Me, Meagan (hostess #1), Alicia, Michele, Marisa, Angela (hostess #2), Ashley, and Meghan.  Not pictured:  Laura, Seth, and Shawn



The happy parents to be!  



Mmmm cupcakes!  The ones that Sophie (Meagan's doggie) didn't get, that is!  I think I have personally eaten five of them myself, oops!

*****

I should have more pics soon, but these show the beauty and happiness that were my shower.  I loved it, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  I hope that everyone in my life knows how blessed I feel and how blessed I know I am.  I love my family, and I love my friends.  I only hope that I can bring the same joy in your lives that you have brought to mine.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment