Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Less Than a Month To Go, Wow!

Today we are 36 weeks, 4 days pregnant!

Hi all!  Thank goodness this week is almost over!  I say this because Shawn has been in DC since Sunday and I cannot wait for him to come home.  The dogs miss him terribly, too, and have become very clingy to mommy as of late.  I am purchasing my glider tomorrow from Babies R Us and I got to try them all out today.  I went with the complete opposite of what I thought I wanted, which is turning out to be somewhat typical for me!  But I have to purchase it by tomorrow or my 20% coupon expires, and me and saving money go hand-in-hand.  It retails for $200 but I will be getting it for $160, so that helps!  It is really small, so it fits me to a T, and it suits my extremely freakishly short calves to where I can actually touch the floor when I sit in it.  So yay!  :)

As of our last OB appointment, last Friday, we've had a little tiny bit of progress, so I will post that in my check-in.  This was the first of our weekly appointments and we have the following scheduled appointments:
Friday, 4/23 @ 11am
Friday, 4/30 @ 11am
Friday, 5/7 @ 11:20am

So here is my check-in, where you can read about how uncomfortable I am.  This may be a grumpy one...

How far along?  36 weeks, 4 days.  24 days to go!
Total weight gain/loss:  As of last night, 129.8.  Yes, I said 129.8 instead of 130.  I am not a fan of rounding up.
Stretch marks?  Still none, thank God, but I'm still looking...
Sleep:  It's been terrible, especially since Shawn has been gone.  I don't sleep when he's not here!
Best moment this week:  I think we're pretty close to being done for our initial baby purchases...
Movement:  I feel like she gets lower and lower.  She may be really running out of room because she's not as hyperactive as she used to be, but we've still got the minimum 10 movements in 2 hours.  I just wish she'd stay off of the nerve that runs right through my cervix.  Seriously.  Talk about shocking pain!
Food cravings:  Really at this point, just rotating between salty and sweet and salty again.  I love food.
Gender:  It's a bambina!
Labor Signs:  Soooo Dr. Hart said I am a little less than a pinky tip dilated.  Sounds tiny, but it freaks me out!  I've had minimal cramping / contractions, but nothing timeable or constant or steady.  Just once in a while.
Belly Button in or out?  Out.  Very out.
What I miss:    Being mobile.
What I am looking forward to:  Shawn coming home!!!
Weekly Wisdom:  That it is okay to be paranoid.  This is my little baby girl and I just want the best for her.  And that no concern or question is stupid.  (Thanks, Jamie <3 ) 
Milestones: We're less than a month away from meeting our little girl!  And I'm beginning to dilate!

Check back after Friday to see what our new progression will be.  I wonder if we'll end up going early or past my due date!!!

And here's a pic for you!  Taken just now, please excuse how crappy I look, I had to take my own picture and after a few attempts, I figured this was good enough.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment