Thursday, December 3, 2009

Today's Visit

Today we are 16 weeks, 5 days pregnant!

We had an OB visit today and Shawn got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!!!  The heart rate was 148 bpm, still above the Old Wives Tale of 140...  We also got another screening test, the Quad Screen, which is done for women between 16 and 18 weeks of pregnancy.  It tests for certain substances that can indicate Spina Bifida, Downs, and some other abnormalities.  It is a blood test, so no amniotic fluid needed.  For more information, you can look here at the Quad Screen info page if you like.  Hopefully we shall get the great results soon!

So for the past four weeks, I have been fearing my OB/GYN, Dr. Chris Hart (info here) would yell at me if I didn't reach her target weight gain of 2 lbs per week, for a total of 8 lbs.  Aaaand I didn't reach it.  But she told me that since we shot for 2/week and got about 1/week, she'll take it.  So I'm up to 105.4 lbs!  Anywho, we're in the two week stretch for the big ultrasound, so I'm counting down!!!

Our next visit to Dr. Hart (gender scan done at different office 12/17) will be January 19, 2010 at 3:50pm central time.

No comments:

Post a Comment