Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just Checking In!

Today we are 16 weeks, 3 days pregnant!

Hi All!  Just wanted to say a quick hello.  Some big non-baby news is this weekend I'm participating in the University of Texas Liberal Arts Commencement.  It's this Saturday, December 5th.  I bought my robe, cap, tassel, and sash today, so I'm really excited!  Since I've been in baby mode the last couple months, I totally forgot about commencement, and just decided a few days ago to walk the stage.  Though honestly I feel a little silly to do it at 30 and pregnant, I feel I deserve it, and that I would be missing out if I didn't have this memory.  So Shawn and I are completing my school process as we went in; married, together, and happy.  I will post a picture after Saturday!  Wish me luck!!!

For some baby related news, I got in my first shipment of maternity clothes today.  There was a huge sale online at Old Navy, so I got to get some new digs!  Today I got some basic shirts and in a few days will be receiving some pants that I had ordered, both jeans and some comfy but wearable-in-public pants.  I'm pretty excited about this step, as my waistbands have been a little tight as of late and difficult to sit in!  Also, we have an appointment with the OB on Thursday, December 3rd.  I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again!  So stay tuned for the heart rate!  In two weeks from Thursday, we will have the big gender ultrasound, so start your guesses now!  I'll outline the heart rates, my cravings and beauty problems in a later post so as to see if Old Wives Tales are correct...

Last but not least, I ran across a small list of questions some women include in their baby blogs, so I thought I'd give them a try:


How far along?  16 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss:  As of my last appointment, no gain.  I am supposed to have gained 8 pounds by Thursday, so we'll see...
Stretch marks?  None yet, thank goodness!
Sleep:  Terrible.  And as I understand, it's only going to get worse
Best moment this week:  Getting my graduation robe and my maternity clothes the same day
Movement:  Ugh, none yet as far as I know...  Still trying to figure out the difference between "flutters" and gas bubbles.  Yay.
Food cravings:  Brownie sundaes, Whataburger, potatoes au gratin, wedge salad with bleu cheese...  Most seem to be salty
Gender:  To be determined...  Come on December 17th!!!
Labor Signs:  Too early for these...
Belly Button in or out?  Out.  But it's always been an outtie.  
What I miss:  Honestly?  My Malbecs and Zinfandels.  How I love red red wine...  
What I am looking forward to:  Feeling the baby and finding out the gender
Weekly Wisdom:  If I've left something upstairs, better make sure I really need it before I walk up there and lose my breath
Milestones: Finally getting to see the belly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment