Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Phone Calls, Appointments, and Research... Whew!

Well it's my second post, and I'll try not to make these too boring or monotonous for everyone, key word "try."  So I've made a million calls and been on hold for a million minutes today, but so far so good.  I had to call our insurance company in order to get my member number and all that jazz, but the good thing is I found out that Aetna has this service called Health Advocates.  I guess it's a network of nurses and other professionals who specialize in different areas, whereas the one I would utilize is obviously pregnancy.  I was told that they send out personalized information regarding the week or month you are in and they give you health tips as well as discounts on baby products, which will be so so so so useful!!!  Hey, it's a recession!  So I'm excited to get started on all that, which Shawn will be pumped about as well.  I swear, Shawn is my own personal financial advisor and he's so smart with money.  He and I make a great team :).

I also was successful in scheduling my first prenatal appointment today!  Yesss!  Thank God I have the BEST network of friends and family, here and all over the United States.  I had a few referrals for OBGYNs, so I did some research online and scheduled an appointment with the office I felt the best about in my heart and my gut.  At first, they offered me an appointment on the 22nd of October with the doctor I was asking about, but that's a month away and it would drive me crazy!  So I scheduled with a doctor that I also really felt good about in the same office, so the date of my first prenatal is ............................... OCTOBER 7TH!!!.............................  which also happens to be our two-year anniversary, which is pretty poetic, if you ask me!  I have a list of questions to ask already, but if you have any input on questions you think I need to ask, by all means, comment and help me out :).

While writing this, that show Raising Sextuplets is on, and I am so thankful that I'm not having six babies at once!  Haha!  But, it is the episode where they get a Christmas tree and they're preparing for the holidays, and I'm so excited for Christmas of 2010, when Shawn and I have our first little one to celebrate Christmas with.  So exciting!  I know Shawn is going to be a great great father and I can't wait to see his beautiful face the first time our baby calls him Daddy.  Yes, I know I'm corny, but that's just me.

Well, signing off for now, I suppose I've got some nesting to do (right?) and some rainy day housecleaning to do.  I don't know how that poor lady with six kids does it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment