Monday, September 21, 2009

My Very First Pregnancy Entry!

Well here goes!  I'm 6 weeks, 2 days pregnant today, and overall I'm feeling pretty good...

When we first found out we were pregnant (at 4 weeks, 3 days), I finally understood why I had been feeling so dang tired!  I felt as if I had been on cold medicine 24/7 and I had been walking around in a fog.  Thank goodness the fatigue has passed for the most part as I actually feel pretty with it now.  I'm starting to feel a little nauseous peppered with some lovely dry heaving, but so far this is mainly in the first few hours of my day and a little at the end.  That is, if I haven't eaten anything lately!  I swear I already feel that I am eating for two!!!  Shawn giggles at this thought, he thinks it is just my excuse to eat more than normal, and who knows, he may be right?!?!

The only other symptoms I have felt so far are, of course, the fact that I finally have the bust I've wanted but unfortunately they're so sore I almost can't even bear to look at them!  The funny thing is I welcome these changes as these are the things that give me the encouragement that I really am pregnant every day.  This may sound strange, but a couple of times I have woken up with the fear that I wasn't pregnant anymore.  Why?  I don't really know, but from what I am reading and hearing, this is fairly normal.  I can't wait until my first trimester is over so I can feel a little relief.  Actually, relief from a lot of things, as my sister-in-law turned confidante and walking reference book Kim told me, after the first trimester, things are "euphoric!"  I can't wait for that!!!  :)  

Well, I think this is it for my first entry, I have appointments to make and foods to develop an aversion to, so busy busy!  See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment