Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Poor Kitchen...

Today we're 7 weeks, 3 days.

Why do I start with my kitchen?  Because it's a mess.  Not very regular for around here as much as Shawn and I use it, but I can't bear the thought of doing the dishes for some reason.  I'm fine with pretty much any other chore, but for some reason, the thought of old food and dishes makes my stomach turn.  I'm going to see if I can bribe Shawn to help by doing the other stuff if he can do the dishes for me today.  I'll keep you posted.  Anywho, I truly believe I've gotten the brunt of some goddess's anger in the form of morning/afternoon/evening sickness.  I've felt terrible for the past few days and am in dire need of a brisk walk with some cool air, but the problem is we've got no cool air.  It just won't cool down and participate with fall!  And talk about food aversions...  The thing that has rocked me most of all is the fact that I seem to be turned off of most pasta!  I know!  Nickie and no pasta?  Although today I desperately craved Shawn's spaghetti and meat sauce, and he consoled me by telling me he has a cookie for me.  I asked him if the cookie tasted like his spaghetti, and he tried so hard to convince me it did.  But  it didn't.  :(

Other than that, Shawn and I are looking forward to a few things coming soon:  Our anniversary (October 7th), our first appointment (same day), and softball (starting next week).  Thank goodness the team was willing and able to change the game nights from Thursday to Wednesday so Shawn can play again!  His school schedule left him unable, so we're back in now!  It'll be nice to get to share the news with more people, it's so fun!  Plus, we will be so happy after (hopefully) getting to hear the heartbeat that morning that we'll be high on that.

Anywho, Shawn has begun to read some of What To Expect, which made me very happy.  I guess he's finding out rapidly how crazy I am getting and how demented my sense of smell and appetite is.  Oh the joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment