Friday, May 21, 2010

Oh How the Time Flies!

Sophia is 1 week, 3 days old!

First I'd like to apologize for not updating until now.  We've been a little busy...  ;)  Anywho, things are great here in the Maurer house; a little loud, but great!  Needless to say, we've been trying out all sorts of new things, routines, practices, etc., in order to get our little one in some sort of pattern.  The dogs are adapting well, but I think they're as tired as we are!

Yes, our sleep has suffered.  A lot.  I think I was up with Sophia until past 4:30 last night and then Shawn held her the rest of the morning.  She has her nights where she really does not want to sleep in her bassinet, but then she has nights where she sleeps in it just fine.  Those are the good nights.  Today we are watching "The Happiest Baby On the Block" in order to hopefully gain some insight on how to switch a newborn's day and night.  I can't wait until she sleeps through the night.

These days, I feel like Sophia is constantly attached to my boob.  This girl eats a lot!  It's going well, though, thankfully.  I was very worried about breast feeding and my ability to do so, but no problems as of yet!  She gets a little sleepy sometimes, so I have to stimulate her every minute or so (her least favorite is when I blow in her face - she scrunches up and bears down into my chest).  Thankfully, we've mastered the position where she can feed while I'm laying down, so that's how we do the middle of the night feedings.  I am looking forward to starting to pump a little so Shawn can feed her, and so I can get a little break.  Although for a while, I will still need to pump or feed every 2-3 hours.

We're trying to take as many pictures as we can, and I'm uploading them to my snapfish account.  If you aren't getting emails to view them and you would like to, email me and I'll add you.  I will start to research photographer prices today, so hopefully we can get some pro pics done soon.

So our move is coming up, and we're trying to put together a game plan.  I am excited to finally set up her room in the new place!  I also can't wait to make a fresh start with all the storage room that we'll have.  I love the unit we are in now, but it just seems a little cramped now that we are a family.  Wow - we're a family.  Such a weird concept still!  We can't wait to take her out and show her all the neat things Austin has to offer.  My parents will be visiting in mid July / August, and I can't wait for them to meet their first grandchild!  I also can't wait for Mary to come, I have a feeling she's going to make a beeline for Sophia the second she gets off the plane!  :)

Well, I have to sign off for now, God knows I've got a million things to do and a baby who needs to be fed again, but I will try to get back on here within a few days.  I will add a couple pics on here as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment