Friday, October 16, 2009

Here and There...

Today we're 9 weeks, 6 days pregnant!

I'm really excited because tomorrow we get in to the two-digit week mark!  Silly, yes, but I feel that saying "I'm ten weeks" sounds so much more established than "I'm nine weeks."  Hey - I've never been known to be the most rational person in this world!  :)  I'm also really excited to enter my second trimester, which according to different websites, will be somewhere around October 31 to November 4.  I will be soooo happy to leave the gagging, the vomiting, the dizziness, the tiredness, and all that behind.  Well, at least until the latter part of my third trimester!  I also feel a little silly to admit that I am scrutinizing my belly every day to see if I can see the smallest hint of a bump yet!  I know, I know, I probably wont see anything until December, but I guess this is why first pregnancies are so fun and exciting!  Quite honestly, though, I do see a slight rounding of my lower belly, which seems to be consistent with the many websites I scientifically consult every day...  ;)

Shawn and I attended our first wedding while expecting last week, and to tell the truth, it was such a unique and neat feeling to remember ours and see us coming full-circle right before my eyes.  There were many wedding guests with whom I had attended high school, and the congratulations were plentiful!  As a matter of fact, as we approached the bride and groom to congratulate them, they congratulated us before we could even get there!  The support we have received from friends and family has been so great and so inspiring.  It reminds you how much people do care!  Mushy stuff, huh?

Anywho, I am so excited to continue seeing these changes in our lives, and I feel so grateful that I get to share them with people.  Which brings me to a question:  Since the heart rate was 161 bpm,  does everyone think it's going to be a girl?  My chinese lunar predictor calendar says we're having a girl...  All I know is I can't wait to find out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment