Monday, November 9, 2009

Normal Results!

Today we are 13 weeks and 2 days pregnant!

Hi all!  Just a couple things today, first of all, I've started my SECOND TRIMESTER!  This means a couple things, such as, had I not blabbed so early because I couldn't keep it from any of you :), you would all be finding out right about now.  But we all know that I have a hard time keeping any happy news in!  Second, it means that hopefully I will start feeling better soon.  I've chosen not to take any medications for nausea, regardless of my OB/GYN's gentle suggestion, because quite honestly, no amount of happy images will ever take the pictures I have seen of children of thalidomide out of my head.  So I'll deal with the sick feelings with the great and helpful suggestions I've gotten from my family and my friends.  Without all of you, I would have gone crazy in the last three months!

Second, I got some good news today!  The genetic counselor from the office we got our NT scan done at called me today with my results.  Our results are normal!  What she told me is that we started out our pregnancy with a 1 in 400 something chance of having a child with a genetic disorder, due to age and other information as well.  And now, after my blood screen and ultrasound, our chances have dropped down to 1 in 4000 something.  So this is good news!

One last thing - this is kinda silly and may be TMI - but I can actually feel my uterus now!  It's this little hard bump between my hips and belly and its so exciting!  :)

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment