Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shhhh!

Today we are 5 weeks, 5 days pregnant!

Yes, you read right!  But I'm not announcing it on the big scale yet, so mum's the word.  I really wanted to try to start chronicling our second pregnancy, so for you readers who still peruse our little blog, you're being let in on the secret early!

Anywho, here's the story so far:

We found out early last week (Tuesday, February 7, 2012) and I couldn't wait to tell Shawn.  The previous night, I had asked if we could stop by the grocery store to buy some bread for Sophia, and I bought a pregnancy test in secret.  So the next morning, when I saw those two tiny pink lines begin to form and get darker, I couldn't believe it.  So I rushed to Carter's to buy Sophia a "Big Sister" tshirt to have her wear when Shawn got home from work.  Unfortunately, he came home a bit early and caught me off guard, and when he saw my six pack of O'Douls on the counter, I was BUSTED!

Our first appointment is scheduled for February 28th in the afternoon, which is when I plan on making a more widespread announcement.  So far, I'm feeling okay, pretty tired, which is not as easy as last time since now I have a toddler to keep up with.  Admittedly, I am a little moody, but I think that's acceptable.  I'm starting to feel a little nauseous from time to time, but I'm hoping that I will not feel as sick as I did last time, because that was completely miserable.  This pregnancy seems so different already, as I realize that I will be fully big and bad during the heat of the summer, as we are due mid-October.  So the hot days will make for a grumpy mommy.  Oh well.  However, the fact that we are due the same year we conceived, it almost seems like it will seem like a shorter pregnancy.  It's weird to know that by this Halloween, we will have another baby in the house!  But at least I don't have to skip wine during the holiday season.  Is it sad that that is one caveat for me?  Don't judge...  ;)

Anywho, until next entry, I hope you have a great day, and I'll try to do so as well as my hormones have made me pretty grumpy today.  Ho hum.  See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment