Monday, July 19, 2010

Two Months Already!

Sophia is 9 weeks, 6 days old!

Greetings!  I just have time for a quick update and a few pictures, so here goes:

* Sophia's reflux is still at war with us.  We've switched her meds from Zantac to Prilosec, 2mL twice a day.  Her gastroenterologist appointment is August 3rd, so hopefully we'll be closer to a solution.  She's doing better on the Prilosec, hopefully we get it licked soon!

* She's sleeping okay during the night, normally from 11pm to 4-6am, then up again around 7-9am.  This is great for us!

* Sophia had her 2 month shots last week, and it was pretty tough.  She did better than I did!  But all her labwork says that she's still perfectly healthy and well!

* As of last Thursday, Sophia is weighing in at 9 lbs, 14.5 oz (25th percentile), she is 23 inches long (75th percentile).  Both Shawn and I were small children, so her weight doesn't concern us or her doctor, as she is gaining on the correct curve.

* Sophia currently enjoys her vibrating seat, a ladybug that lights up and plays music (courtesy of Kim & Brian), being bounced on a giant yoga ball (thanks Meagan!), and being worn in the Moby Wrap around the house while I talk to her.  She still loves her naps on Mommy (thank goodness!) and sleeping in with Daddy on the weekends.

* Nursing is still going very well, for which I am thankful.  It really seems to bond Sophia and I, and late at night, or after a long day, it really calms Sophia down and relaxes her.  She doesn't really like bottles, but it's necessary for when Mommy wants to get out of the house.

All in all, she's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen, and to be honest, we get stopped and told so very often.  I feel so blessed every day (corny, I know) and Shawn and I still stop every day to marvel over our creation.  Time for pictures!

Daddy working from home with Sophia on his shoulder



Mommy and Sophia



Giving a little half smile... I can't seem to get a full one on film!



And doing what she does best...  making a cute and crazy face!

No comments:

Post a Comment